Men Without Women by Haruki Murakami

A book of short stories.  Plenty of women.  Plenty of men having sex with women...sometimes with multiple women - though not at the same time.  I did not understand these stories.  I'd follow the plots - and was interested in a few of those - to reach the end to find a paragraph or two of philosophy that left me completely lost.  I'd like to think that if I learned Japanese and read the book in its native tongue, I'd "get it".  I know better.  My only hope was to read it as part of a literature class and be able to listen to a guided discussion of what I just read.  Obviously, I wouldn't be participating.  Please, if you read it- pick one story and help me through.  I will read it again.  I mean, look, I re-read a 350-page novel to learn who "Charlie" is.  In the meantime,....

"Yesterday is two days before tomorrow."

 

That is as deep as I go today.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musings on Lost Mothers