Tuesday Travels: The Field Museum (Chicago)
Elements of our touring group are big, big Pokémon players. As a consequence, and because it was also Mr. Level-40's birthday, we included the Field Museum of Chicago where a Pokémon "fossil" exhibit was taking place. While there are (probably) tons of cool stuff at the Field Museum, given Zupe's attention challenges, we focused on three areas.
1. Pokémon exhibit
2. Egyptian exhibit - I was
hoping that June's series of Rick Riordan graphic novels of the Kane Chronicles
and rewatching the Marvel Moon Knight series would instill a fascination for
pyramids, mummies, ushabti. Well, I thought it was fascinating though I
had to view it all on fast forward.
3. Fossils -dinosaurs and other
extinct creatures (which were never residents of a pokeball). The
absolute best element of this area was the poet in residence- who, if you tell
him something you know about dinosaurs, will write you a poem. Right then
and there. Despite Zupe's impatience, I got in line and waited through
half a dozen 3–4-foot sized paleo-pints for my chance to see the poet at
work. What did I know about dinosaurs? "There are no dinosaurs
named Kevin."
Happy birthday to you!
Comments
Post a Comment