Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.... Terry Pratchett
I'm back in Versailles - but it isn't the same me.
Devil Bones by Kathy Reich
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
"All papers stay militarily squared, all bulletin board Post-its aligned and equi-spaced. I am incable of such tidiness and suspcious of those who are."
My mother died March 24, 2024. I'm having a hard time processing that, I guess. It is only starting to hurt. When I was little ("like a number approaching infinity, say, 6") and not so little, but younger (30), I could not imagine a world without my mother. To consider such a place and time was unbearably painful. Yet, here I am. And, often, it saddens and confuses me to say, I don't feel anything. More, when the loss was new, I am ashamed that I felt relief. I was her caretaker. I wasn't all that great at it. She told me so regularly. She told me I was a disappointment. She told me I lacked compassion. She was sad and lonely and she wanted me to split my soul open and share everything with her. She wanted me to satify her needs for connection and give her the opportunity to mother me in my distress. "Ann. Why are you so unhappy?" I think I tried at least a few couple times, but i...
Comments
Post a Comment